Recipes Grilled lime chicken juicy and spicy recipe
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk, light or regular
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (see note)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Fresh limes, cut into wedges
- In a large liquid measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lime zest, lime juice, cumin, coriander, soy sauce, salt, sugar, curry powder, coconut milk, and cayenne pepper. Place the chicken in a large ziploc bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill (see note above if not grilling) to medium-high heat. Grill the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side (actual time will depend on the thickness of the chicken). While the chicken is cooking, pour the marinade into a small or medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil and boil for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the grilled chicken on a serving platter or plate. Drizzle with sauce (reserve the remaining sauce to serve separately) and sprinkle fresh cilantro over the top. Serve with lime wedges and additional sauce.