- The head is one of the most common sites of pain in the body. Headache is defined as a pain arising from the head or upper neck of the body. The pain originates from the tissues and structures that surround the brain because the brain itself has no nerves that give rise to the sensation of pain.
- The most common cause of headaches is prolonged tension or stress. Muscles in your scalp, neck, and face tighten and contract, causing spasms and pain. Psychological factors such as anxiety, fatigue, and stress as well as mechanical factors such as neck strain are often the culprits behind a typical tension headache.
- Jaw Pain
- Hurt on both sides of your head
- Cause mild to moderate pain
- The physical examination, particularly the neurologic portion of the examination, is important in tension headaches because to make the diagnosis, it should be normal. However, there may be some tenderness of the scalp or neck muscles. If the health care professional finds an abnormality on neurologic exam, then the diagnosis of tension headache should be put on hold while the potential for other causes of headaches has been investigated.
- Betel leaf
- Betel leaf is stimulant, digestive, carminative, anti flatulent, anti inflammatory, invigorating, anti phlegmatic, pain reliever. Ground paste of betel leaves applied on temples relieves headache. One or two drops of betel juice put in the nostrils eliminate headache.
- Crush a few cloves gently and put them in a sachet or a clean handkerchief. Inhale the smell of the crushed cloves whenever you have a headache until you get some relief from the pain. You can also make a paste from three to four cloves and put it on your forehead.